Notus NP12 is a high-performance fire retardant phenolic prepreg system particularly well suited to the aerospace and rail interiors markets.
NP12 uses a flow controlled phenolic resin matrix that combines rapid curing (20 minutes at 120°C) with user friendly handling and low exotherm even with thick laminates.
Notus has carried out extensive testing with a range of NP12 prepreg materials to industry standards such as FAR 25.853, EN 45545, ASTM E84 and BS 476 - part 6 and 7.
Features and Benefits:
- Self-extinguishing with excellent FST characteristics
- Fast curing cycle, 20 minutes at 120°C.
- Self-adhesive for honeycomb core materials and secondary bonding
- Reduced exotherm
- Long out-life and shelf-life 120 days at 21°C and 18 months at -18°C
- Tg > 220°C can be achieved with a post cure.